

Price: $14.50
Where you can find it: Department stores (JcPenney, Macy's, Belk, Dillards, Nordstrom), Sephora, or Clinique.com
Alright so I originally wanted this product because my friend told me she uses this and she no joke has crazy long lashes. I sat next to her in Calculus class and like the first day of class I was like "Oh my gosh what kind of mascara do you use?" Haha But yea so I finally bought this about a week ago. This product is so unique because of the brush! Look how cool it is! It's actually surprising; when you take the wand out of the tube, somehow mascara does not get on the back side of the wand; like it is completely still green. But the bristles will be covered in product so that's good! Oh I also want to mention that I have short/ medium lengthed eyelashes. Okay so now here are some pros and cons about this mascara.
Pros:
- Does a decent job separating lashes and is not clumpy. Sometimes it will clump a few lashes together but nothing that can't be fixed easily.
- Size of bristles are small so you can get that flared out look by focusing your strokes on the outer edge of your lashes.
- It does add some length.. but not as much as I would like.
- Bristles are stiff so is easy to work with.
- Easy to get off because it is not waterproof. This is nice because when it smudges or you mess up, you can just get a bit of water on a towel and wipe it off easily without having to scrub.
Cons:
- You must be very very careful with this product because the bristles are so short. I'm really scared of hitting my upper water line or eye with the wand.
- It is pretty time consuming to put on this mascara because you have to be careful.
- It does not lengthen as much as I would like.
- It gets a little flaky towards the tips of your lashes if your wand starts drying out during the application.
- Since it is a one-sided brush, it can be hard to tell if the bristles are really going through your lashes or just on top of them.
- There is no waterproof version of this mascara! That is really sad for me because my eyes water when I yawn and I tend to sweat a lot so I need a waterproof version! (When I bought the mascara, I was so excited that I forgot to ask the lady if it was waterproof. I may not have gotten it if I had known.)
- It's very messy! The formula doesn't dry very fast so it tends to smudge when I blink right after I apply it.
Here are some before and after pictures. Sorry I have no makeup on whatsoever and these were taken in the morning. Haha So you can imagine why they look rough.
Before:


After: (Sorry I know it looks like my eyeballs are bulging out but they're not. I just have to do that with my eyes to make the lashes visible since I sorta have a slight monolid.
Here's me yesterday wearing the mascara before I went out.

Makes your lashes look nice, but not worth the money I don't think. :)
ReplyDelete