I have recently fallen in love with candles and after remembering that I owned a Scentbug, I was trying to think of reasons why I would have both things since they are both equally capable of producing a fragrance. Here is what I came up with.
Why a Scentbug is better than a candle:
- It comes in a large variety of colors and prints. They even have cute Christmas or Halloween themed ones.
- You can change the fragrance as many times as you want (you are not stuck with one scent like you would be with a candle.)
- Completely safe (there is no way you could burn down your house. lol). It would be perfect for a dorm if you were to leave for class but wanted to come back with a great smelling room!
Why a candle is better than a Scentbug:
- Candles are silent unlike the Scentbug which makes a little bit of noise when it's on because of the fan inside.
- It does not require oil pads and fragrance oils like the Scentbug. (Fragrance oils can be quite expensive too because each one retails for $7 and it only has .33 fl oz in it!) [In case you don't know what it looks like, it is shown to the right.]
- Adds light to the room.
- Lasts a long time. (Unlike the Scentbug because if you have it constantly on, then you would have to replace the batteries about every 3 days.)
As you can see there are plenty of reasons for getting either product (or you could buy both like myself hehe).
There is also a good deal for a fragrance oil: It will be $4 if you purchase it with a Scentbug which retail for $12.50.
Here are some fragrance oils and candles that I suggest if you are planning to buy a Scentbug or candle soon!
Fragrance oils: Candles:- Homemade cookies (my favorite!) - Vanilla Caramel
- Island Nectar - Homemade Cookies
- Pineapple Mango - Pink Sangria
- Caribbean Salsa
- Island Mojito
Let me know what you think is better between a Scentbug or candle! I would also love to hear your suggestions for scents!! :)